Thursday, January 12, 2023

Diving In....

 So... here I am again.  My third reinvention and refresh of a blog and if I'm honest I still have no idea what I'm doing but it seems the desire and if I'm honest, the need to pound out in words the stuff that is rolling around my heart and thoughts.  I want to write and this is where I choose to do it.  Hi, I'm glad to see you all...

It has been a roller coaster kind of year and a half, some of it totally brutal, some of it amazing and beautiful and some of it not for me to share out loud. I will tell as much truth as I can without making  people I love uncomfortable or embarrassed. It does feel a bit like I'm opening Pandora's box and while keeping the heart of my family  in mind I do think it is important to be honest about what got me here.  It feels like I'm walking a narrow path up a steep hill.  But I believe that truth is light  and healing...that is the whole point of it all. I'm not coming from anger and not looking to unload a bunch of stuff that is not the point anymore, just telling the  story of how I got here as well as what the future holds for a woman in her 65th year who feels way more alive and free than she has in a very long time if ever (imagine that). I want to bask in the beauty of this time but acknowledge the way here. Breaking down, saving myself, figuring out how to heal and live with love as the bright lamp that lights my way. I hope it comes out the way I imagined. I hope I make it stick this time . I hope for the best of everything. 

After months of trying figure out a name for this new iteration of my writings, I decided to use my former tagline, Barefoot & Tangled. I just kept coming back to it and it felt right this morning when I started playing with layout and nailing down how I was going to approach things.  The moment I decided to return to Barefoot & Tangled, it felt much like crawling into bed and pulling up the comforter, like an exhale.  

A quick shout out to the friends who encouraged me to write again, I didn't know if I could , not sure if I should,  yet here I am because I believe in listening to the things that call my name, that will not leave me alone. A big bunch of love to my family that has shifted and evolved this last year and a half ... I will try to make you proud. And a big Ta Da for me, I put my well being at the top of the list of things I needed to get right and I had to do it in my way, on my own terms.  A woman in her 65th year coming back to life and talking about how that happened and what happens next.  For anyone reading this, I thank you for giving it all a look, I hope you will stay. Diving In....


With Love

B




No comments:

Post a Comment

Story telling

   I came back to this blog to write and tell the story of things.  I don't think what I've been through and lived is that unusual a...